Thursday, November 20, 2008
Italy- Tuscany and Venice
France- Nice, Marsailles, Aix-en-Provence
Spain - Barcelona
Czech Republic- Prague
Germany- Berlin, Frankfurt
I'm wanting to go sometime in late summer or early fall. Time shall see.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
I made the plunge yesterday and got an iPhone. Some of the best money I've ever spent. This phone is so easy to use and by gosh, it does anything and everything. Everyone has seen the commercials for the "App Store" and with just a tap of the screen, you can get a new game, program, news site, or anything you'd like on your phone.
I added some great applications... and the best part is that they were free!
- Facebook - this is awesome! I like it better than on my computer!
- Pandora Radio - it streams just like it does on the web... I can put on my earbuds and listen to the Michael Buble channel all day :D
- NYT - I get the latest news articles right on my phone!
- Youtube- just a click away and I have anything on Youtube at my fingertips!
Other than having a gorgeous 3.5 inch touch screen display, this phone is honestly the most user friendly phone. Even my technologically ignorant mother would be able to work this phone.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
After that I'm going to be a really good girl and save some more and purchase a MAC computer. I think I want a laptop, since I already have a desktop computer that does a good job. I want to see if my parents will go half with me as a Christmas present... they did that for me last time.
Also.... I am feeling kind of low right now. I need some excitement. I can't stay home on Friday nights.... I feel so lame when I do that.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
I have a new love in my life.... The Pioneer Woman. She has some of the BEST recipes out there on the internet. Picture instructions, easy recipes , witty humour... I love it all. I've already made her "Crash Hot Potatoes" and topped them with crumbled bacon and cheddar. They are so tasty and a perfect side dish for any meat entree! They would be awesome served with a steak! I plan on trying her other side dishes soon... her asian noodle salad looks so delicious and light for a summer lunch!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Oh yeah. And to those reading this : The Happening was the suckiest movie alive. Don't waste your money.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
I got offered a free place to stay if I wanted to go to NYC this summer. After hearing some gals on MUA say that it was like a "Piss smelling steam fest" in the subways, I don't think I'll be going. I really need to get my financial situation handled before I go on another trip.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
mo·ti·vate: to provide with a motive or motives; incite; impel.
For me that modivation is Ali from the Biggest Loser. She started off at 235lbs. Which is only 10 more lbs than I was at my highest weight last year. She is only an inch taller than me, she's 5'5". Her before picture is with her mom, Bette Sue. She and her Mom got voted off of the show early on. After being home , Ali continued to lose weight and got to come back on the show for losing the biggest percentage of weight at home.
Well in the finale, she actually won the Biggest Loser competition, and got down to about 125 lbs. She lost 112 pounds. THAT IS A SMALL PERSON. Seriously. That is awesome, awesome motivation for me. Hell, I don't have access to The Biggest Loser ranch and trainers, but I can still have a goal for myself. It may take me longer, but if she can do it, so can I!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Saturday, June 7, 2008
So here I am writing a blog. Why you may ask? Because this girl needs to motivate herself. I have GOT to set some goals for myself, otherwise I have nothing to really look forward to in life.
- Finances. I must get my credit cards manageable. I need to pay off one this summer. It's a limit of one thousand. If I take $250 of each paycheck and put it towards that, I'd have it done in 2 months. Totally do-able.
- Working out. I've already lost 45 pounds. And by god I'm going to keep it off. I have access to a gym, I have spare time, why not? I really need to go after I get off work like I used to. The pounds were melting off when I was working out 3 times a week, sometimes more. It's summertime, perfect time to sweat it out! If I can lose 2 lbs a week (which is NORMAL for weight loss) , then I can lose 26 lbs by the end of August. That would put me in the 150's. My ultimate goal would be getting in the 140's.
- Self Confidence. I have a huge lack of it. I just need to be more confident in myself. Get out there and stop hiding out in a corner!
- Organization. My room and my schedule. I want a manageable workspace on my desk. I want a schedule that I don't have to juggle things around and try to fit things in when it's necessary. I want to get rid of the things I've been hoarding since Jr. High.
- Working. I think I spend more time gossiping at work than I do actually working. I know there's things I can work on. My goal for this month is to create my next Toastmaster's speech, and work on quarterly reports for the supervisors.