Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Caprese Salad

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but my family despises waiting for tables on Mother's Day. Sure, you want to give your mom a break and take her to lunch or dinner, but so does EVERYONE else! So what can you do to remedy that? Why order Carrabba's Catering! We hosted a family get together at my house today, with two family sized orders of Chicken Pollo Rosa Maria and Chicken Parmesan.

With the main dishes ordered, that left us to figure out what sides we would serve alongside this feast. We decided to stick with the Italian theme and made roasted asparagus, roasted broccoli topped with shaved Parmesan, tossed salad, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.

I decided to throw together one of my favorite Italian salads... a Caprese salad. One of the absolute easiest and tastiest salads you could possibly make. All you need is in season tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil. I seasoned mine with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and some freshly cracked garlic pepper.

If you really want to wow your party guests, then you can artfully arrange it on a nice plate. It's a guaranteed crowd pleaser!



No comments: