Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Beatty's Chocolate Cake



If I didn't have to put this in a baking contest this afternoon, I'd already be eating my 4th slice of this cake. That intoxicating smell of chocolate cake baking, along with a little taste of homemade chocolate buttercream icing has my tastebuds ready to go. Look how pretty it looks! I know it's not perfect, but hey it's supposed to be homemade, not professional!
It's got a little coffee in the batter as well as in the frosting, and it's just enough to enhance that chocolate flavor and send it over the edge. When making it, it's going to look like a REALLY wet batter, but trust me on this it'll be okay. I actually baked it in 3 pans so I can have some great looking layers when it's cut!
If you're looking for the recipe, then please click here! It's pretty easy to do, I promise!
I'll keep you updated if I actually win this contest or not!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That cake is really good, I have made it twice. I think it is actually the same recipe as the much loved Black Magic Cake. Yours looks great, I hope ya win! :)